School Profile Information
Chisholm Catholic College is a co‐educational Year 7 to 12 secondary College located in the suburb of Bedford, in Perth. It caters for students from the surrounding metropolitan area with approximately 1700 students enrolled. It was established in 1989 as a result of the amalgamation of two local Catholic secondary schools, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Marks.
The heart of the College mission is to nurture the formation of each individual student as reflected in the College motto ‐ “Grow in Christ’. This mission is encompassed in all learning programmes and pastoral care structures throughout the College. A very comprehensive curriculum programme and differentiated learning structures cater for the range and large number of students, with the primary aim of providing the best secondary education in a high quality teaching and learning environment.
Students have a range of opportunities and broad pathways including towards University, Technical and Further Education, Vocational and Education Training Certificate qualifications and on the job (work placement) training programmes. Students participate in a full range of co‐curricular programs, featuring interschool sport, the performing and creative arts, debating, mock trials, a variety of academic competitions and study tours and significant cultural programs.
2016 / 2017 Profile Information –
Masters level Degrees 19
Bachelors level Degrees 93
Student Attendance Averages:(rounded)
Year 7 – 96%
Year 8 – 94%
Year 9 – 92%
Year 10 – 92%
Year 11 – 94%
Year 12 – 96%
Senior secondary outcomes: (2017)
- Under the newly adopted WACE requirements for 2016, 97.3 % of Chisholm’s Year 12 exiting students achieved their WACE (Graduation)
- Chisholm’s Median ATAR in 2017 was 84.10
- Chisholm Catholic College ranked 34th in the top 50 performing schools in Western Australia with the highest median ATAR.
- in 2017 491 students completed a Certificate II or Certificate III
- 6 ATAR courses with highest performing students in the state
- 17 ATAR courses with scores above state average
- 30 Certificates of distinction ‐ awarded by SCSA to each eligible student who, in Years 11 and 12, achieves 190–200 points. (points are accrued from A and B grades and VET equivalents)
- 51 Certificates of Merit ‐ awarded by SCSA to each eligible student who, Years 11 and 12, achieves 150–189 points. (points are accrued from A and B grades and VET equivalents)
Post School Destinations:
As of the the beginning of 2018, over 95% of students who completed an ATAR course received an offer of University placement.
- Student Outcomes – compared to National highest 20% and lowest 20% in the National Testing. Analysis shows the school tracking consistently above the National Mean across all distributions.
- Writing – National Schools Mean Score: 511, Chisholm: 533.
- Reading – National Schools Mean Score: 545, Chisholm: 559.
- Numeracy – National Schools Mean Score: 545, Chisholm: 570.
- Writing – National Schools Mean Score: 554, Chisholm: 580.
- Reading – National Schools Mean Score: 580, Chisholm: 593.
- Numeracy – National Schools Mean Score: 584, Chisholm: 609
Further most recent NAPLAN data highlighting the excellent comparative outcomes for Chisholm students against similar schools and other indicators, are clearly highlighted on the MY SCHOOLS website.
Chisholm continues to exhibit high levels or general parental and community satisfaction evidenced by Year 12 Exit Surveys and our continued levels of demand for enrolment. Anecdotal and written feedback to the College highlights this satisfaction with reference to the strong academic culture, pastoral attention and care for individual students through the PCG structure and the outstanding overall value for money education received in what is regarded as a well-resourced school. Staff also generally exhibit a high degree of satisfactionand morale and appreciate the facilities, the support and learning environment in which they feel strong a part of.
School Income: Most recent school funding sources and details for can be found on the My School website.