Prospective employees who wish to apply for an advertised teaching or non-teaching/support
staff role at Chisholm Catholic College must complete the following application process.
- All information collected will be treated with professional discretion and used only for recruitment purposes. By applying for a position, you will be providing Chisholm Catholic College with personal information. This will be kept confidential and not disclosed to external third parties without your consent.
- According to regulations for employee screening, requested evidence of current registration with the Teacher Registration Board or Western Australia (for Teachers), Department of Education Clearance (for non-teaching/support staff), Working with Children Clearance and previous employment history (for all staff) must be provided.
- Referee contact details must also be provided, including the current employer. The Principal, or delegate, reserves the right to contact referees seeking relevant background information and experience.
- Employees are expected to be supportive of the Catholic ethos. Employees in Catholic schools are also expected to fulfil Catholic Education Accreditation requirements as outlined CEWA.
- Conditions and entitlements of staff working in Catholic schools are specified in the relevant and current Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) which, along with further information, may be sources from the Catholic Education Office website.
- Please complete the appropriate online application form and required attachments or documentation, if you wish to apply for the following vacancies.
Marketing and Communications Assistant – Full time, Ongoing
Provide support and assist the Marketing and Communications Officer with delivery of print, digital and online communications to enhance the reputation of the school through marketing, communication and events. As a member of the Community Relations team, the Marketing and Communications Assistant will work collaboratively with others in the team to ensure the College is a welcoming, supportive and efficient environment for students, parents, staff and visitors.
Responsibilities and Duties
General Marketing and Team Requirements
- Assist with the production of effective promotional materials and initiatives of the College to maintain the College’s positive presentation within the Chisholm community and broader society.
- Assist with the collection of professional photographic records of the College life for promotional material.
- Utilise Adobe Creative Suites, provide photography, videography and design support as required by the Marketing and Communications Officer and Deputy Principal – Community.
- Assist with the promotion and support of events.
Digital and Print Publications
- Create digital communications content (utilising videography, photography and design skills) for the College’s Newsletter, website and various print and digital marketing collateral including sourcing articles and images, editing and writing content when needed, writing event and news summations.
- Adhere to the appropriate authorisation and approval process prior to distributing communications.
- Utilising WordPress and Elementor to create and update web pages on the school’s website.
- Assist and create high quality print material for newspaper advertisements and other publications.
- Develop and maintain social media content plans in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Officer, complying with school policies.
- Create social media content (utilising videography, photography and design skills) and execute the social media content plan.
- Monitor and respond to comments and posts in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Officer, complying with school policies.
- Ability to take and process professional photographs and videos.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially strong writing skills including a proven ability to write content for online/social media platforms, website, and printed resources.
- Excellent ability to adapt to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours due to College events.
- Strong planning, organising, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Support the ethos of Catholic education and Chisholm’s Values.
- Understanding of a service ethic, which underpins CEWA’s and Chisholm’s ethos.
Applications close at 8.00am Tuesday 13th December 2022
If you wish to be considered for Relief Teaching at Chisholm please complete the Relief Teacher application. Along with this a Curriculum Vitae and background teacher registration documentation must be submitted. In order to ensure compliance with registration requirements relief teaching applications and evidence of current registration documentation need to be resubmitted at the beginning of each new year.